Monday, April 20, 2009

Gourmet Mobile Food Vendors?

I mostly cruise older neighborhoods, those passed over by chains, looking for ethnic finds, mobile or not. Maybe I need to be cruising the Galleria area, Memorial Villages or First Colony, looking for more upscale offerings like these?

Here's more on Holy Cacao.

Actually I think the concept is not so new nor so uniquely 'Austin.' I remember reading a few years ago (at least 2005 or before) about the taco trucks of LA and some of them sounded pretty upscale to me.

Roadfood.com has done a number of features on NYC taco trucks and food carts; here's one on the Treats Truck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bob, thanks for the mention on your blog. However, the link seems to not be correct. Our website with full info including a menu can be found at: www.theholycacao.com

Thanks again, come see us next time you are in Austin!

John

Bruce said...

Don't know what happened there John but the correction has been made. Thanks for the invite; I'll look forward to it.